Friday, October 03, 2008

Look What I Got

I have been waiting, not so patiently, for months and it is finally here. The Opal Harry Potter yarn has arrived in Colorado and in an unprecedented move for me, I splurged on two of each skein :)

**top row(left to right): Hedwig, Harry, Ron and Harry, Ron
**bottom row(left to right): Draco, Tonks, Lupin, Dumbledore

I have loved Opal sock yarn since I started knitting socks back in 2004 and this yarn is no exception. I love how Tonks and Lupin's colorways are somewhat related. Hedwig looks great too. My biggest beef, I guess, is that instead of a "Harry and Ron" combo colorway why couldn't they have done a Hermione? Or since it's a tribute to Half Blood Prince wouldn't Snape be a logical choice. Not complaining, just sayin' is all.

And just because I like looking at them, here's another pic:


And another that I messed with using my photo editing software(I can't really tell the difference though?):

9 comments:

staci said...

Hi Kim, I've been reading your blog for a while :) I'm also a Coloradoan and that is very cool yarn...can I ask where you got it from??

Irishenchantment said...

hi kim that is some cool yarn i didnt know they were doing stuff like that i cant knit or crichet though so o good to me lol :)

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

OOH--I've been wondering what the yarn was going to be like.

I wish they'd done a Snape, too, or at least a Sirius Black! ;)

WandaWoman said...

You crazy HP girl you! Wow, that's a lot of HP sock yarn. Have fun!

Knitting by the Pond said...

Ewwwwww, I love the colors! :)

Annette said...

I got a skein of Harry and Harry & Ron from Loopy Ewe this week :D

Mel in Dubai said...

Wish I could knit socks (tried but just couldn't get my head around it!) - that yarn looks awesome!

Sam said...

The colours are great. Maybe they are leaving their options open -- Hermiane (sp?) and Snape etc to come in a later batch of colourways??? Have any of the colourways been requested, as a new pair of socks, by Rage or Diva yet?

Lauralness said...

Me=Completely Jealous! My LYS's order got halved and I don't think I'm going to get my skein of Ron. I can't wait to see your first project!