Sunday, September 07, 2008

Blogging Blahs

I feel like I should post something but honestly there just isn't a lot of "blog worthy" stuff going on here at Casa KiP.

I'm fully enveloped in the getting back into the groove of kiddos in school--you know fighting about homework, fighting about getting up in the morning, fighting about when to go to bed at night. Plus, Little Diva has decided to get into some activities at school--which hurray for her, I'm so proud BUT at the same time boo for me who has to tote her everywhere. Also, fall has descended upon Colorado with a big thud and we have to replenish the kiddos closets with fall worthy items. Normally this isn't a problem but this year Diva has become VERY hands on as far as what she wants in her closet which means that mommy's clothes buying days are pretty much over(at least for Diva--Rage doesn't care what I get him, but boys are really boring to dress).

Then there is the age old struggle I have with what to do with my limited free time. Do I knit? stitch? workout? read a good book? Lately working out has been winning and then at night when I have a bit more free time I'm too tired to craft; I just sit and stare blankly into space most of the time.

I did go to see Nine Inch Nails on Tuesday. And IT WAS AWESOME!!! The show was great, the company was great(see Stacey's blog for details), and it goes without saying that Trent was spectacular. Ahh, Trent(**excuse me while I go daydream for a bit).

Okay, I'm back. Let's see what else have I been up to. . .my sisters and I give each other monthly health related challenges. This month we have decided to explore the world of Clean Eating(**see Tosca Reno's book called The Eat-Clean Diet for details). The goal, for me, is to try and eat clean at least 90% of the time. It's going pretty well and I am enjoying trying new things.

I guess that's about it. Hopefully I'll have some knitting and stitching related goodness to show you later in the month. I already have two Barn Raising Squares done.

Well, back to the family. Later taters!

8 comments:

Sam said...

Good for you -- I love the healthy challenge idea, and good for you for letting the working out win out. I meant to say on Friday... you are looking fab! Now I know your secret. :)

Stephanie said...

Healthy challenge is a great idea. Hubbs and I have been trying to get healthy too - walking the dogs every evening. Good alone time as well. :)

WandaWoman said...

What new foods are you trying? I like your goals and it's cool that your sisters are all involved in a healthy eating challenge? Do you change it up each month?

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

I'm glad you had a great time at the concert. *drool*

Back to school is always a bit of an adjustment at my house as well. The DVs are also at that stage where I have to relinquish control in the clothes department, and the homework load (along with the extracurricular activities) just seems to increase with each grade!

Stacey said...

So is little Diva soon going to be called Big Diva. Let me guess, is everything mostly pink? :)

StarSpry said...

Clean Eating sounds like the way to go!

Glad you had fun at the concert! Good luck with Little Diva's fall clothes and activities :D

CynCyn said...

My friend lost quite a bit of weight with clean eating... hope the kiddos get back in the groove soon, but i'd like to join in the whine about the back to school thing too.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a bad case of blahs. I get it though. Been going through a similar knitting slump lately. I kept finding myself playing mahjong instead of knitting. I wonder if we all have a certain amount of things we can produce in a day, so if we produce in other areas we can't do anything with our normal outlet...
Hope things improve - at least all the fighting. And hope to see ya soon.