Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic Stitching--Closing Ceremonies

I have decided to challenge myself during the Olympics. I believe that knitting is a winter sport and the Knitting Olympics is the Harlot's domain. So I've decided that the summer Olympics, for me at least, are all about stitching.

Starting with Opening Ceremonies tonight and going through Closing Ceremonies I am going to get 300 stitches in per day on QS Swimming with Dolphins. Wish me luck because in addition to all of the this stitching, we have the madness of "back-to-school" next week.

Before(8Aug08):


After:


25Aug08: Olympic Update. Well, my Olympic stitching was a bust. I'm like one of those countries with like two athletes neither of which have a chance to medal they're just happy to be there. I got 1201 stitches done over the course of the games. It sounds good but in order to have reached my Olympic Gold I would have needed 4800. So I didn't make it to the podium--frankly with such a poor showing I can't even see the podium ;)

I did read 4 books over the course of the games though and I'm really happy about that.

I watched the Equestrian Events and a little bit of swimming. So Michael Phelps. . .here's what I think. I think that after swimming concluded he should have gone and competed in other events. Just picking random sports to "try out" as it were. He could have gotten lucky and possibly medaled in a couple of other things I'm sure. Can you imagine him just showing up for different Track and Field events? It cracks me up just thinking about it.

Enjoy your Olympic Stitching-Knitting and/or viewing!

5 comments:

Sam said...

Oooh looking forward to seeing the pics

Michelle said...

Great idea. I can't wait to see all the progress.

StarSpry said...

Good luck!! Can't wait to see the pictures :)

Sam said...

Beautiful pics. And really good progress. I'm with you... valiant effort... but maybe not medal worthy (although I'm thinking there should have been a 'technical' difficulty' score as well as execution -- then maybe we would have medaled? ;)

Rima said...

How beautiful! I cant wait to see the finished piece.