Friday, July 04, 2008

Recipe for a perfect weekend.

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend our knitting group's annual trip to the mountains for a weekend of knitting, laughing, and eating which has been dubbed Camp WannaKnitKnit. It is the highlight of my summer.

Here's what you need to make it happen:

Knitters:

14 awesome knitters and great friends!

An idyllic setting:


Yarn(to knit with, to admire/fondle, etc.):


Food:
It would be so easy to just eat out or microwave a bunch of stuff but, just like with our knitting, we don't keep it simple. This year we had crepes, Hawaiian food, and a southern breakfast.

And the "dessert"--a gift bag:

The gift bags get better and better each year. This year we were given Piddleloop bags, Jelby stitch markers, and Red Rocks Fiber Works yarn in a Camp WannaKnitKnit colorway(and there is one part of the gift bags that wasn't quite ready for the weekend--I'll post it's picture later). We also made dpn holders--mine are devil/pirate ducks, pirate skulls, and sushi. You know how Oprah does her favorite things? Well, our gift bags are examples of Stacey's favorite things and because she has such great taste we all end up loving them :) Thanks for all your hard work, Stacey!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

It was my pleasure...what a fun weekend! :)

Corwink said...

I had a great time! I went home and told the man all about your dinner. He was very jealous. I will have to get the recipe from you.

Mary-Kay said...

It was a total BLAST and I'm glad we got to spend more time together. Please, Please, Please can I get that recipe from you! It's to die for! I KNOW my family will love it.

Sara said...

Oh you lucky duck! What a great time you must have had!

Sam said...

Thanks also for your great stitch markers - that was a really nice extra bonus gift :)
(And I echo everyone's comments on the meal you prepared for us -- DELICIOUS!)

StarSpry said...

I had a great time at camp! Thanks for making your wonderful Hawaiian dinner and the stitch markers!! I'd love to get the recipes from you, too. Everything was so yummy :)

WandaWoman said...

Camp was great and your Hawaiian meal was stupdendous!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

What great swag! It sounds like you had a fantastic time. :)