Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happiest Place on Earth?

We just got back from 6 days in Walt Disney World. Fun was had by almost all in our family.

DH and I have always loved Disney so we knew we'd have a great time. It was the kiddos first time and we were both excited to share one of our favorite places with them.

Diva LOVED it. Loved everything about it. She got scared on Expedition Everest, The Tower of Terror, and Test Track but she soldiered on and didn't complain. A majority of her time there was spent laughing and staring in wonder at everything.

Rage, on the other hand, dear Rage. The stories of travel with this child will become legend--at least in our family. He loved both airports and flights. He loved both bus rides--to and from the resort. He loved the buses, boats, and monorails that take you around the Disney property. He loved the hotel and the pool. But. . .and you know a but is coming. He hated the parks--all. . .four. . .parks. And I am not talking about just being a little upset. I'm talking about a child who would be dragged up to rides screaming, "I HATE RIDES" at the top of his lungs and continue screaming for the entire ride or until we took him away from it--then the screaming settled to a dull roar. It got to the point where one of us would take Diva on a ride and one of us would stand out in the heat listening to Rage scream about the injustice of not being able to stay at the hotel and swim. I think if he had the vocabulary to curse at us and give us obscene finger gestures that would have been happening too. The boy hates Disney World. I was assured by many parents and employees that this behavior is not at all unusual for kiddos his age(5). But I have news for Rage--the next time we go to Disney he'll be staying with Grandma and Grandpa and we'll take one of his cousins(unless there is a RADICAL change in his attitude over the next few years).



I'll share more later--I got some fabulous skully loot while I was there :)

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Can I go next time? Pretty please. You can just call me your adopted daughter. I know that Little Diva and I would have a fabulous time. Not to mention it would be fun to hang with you :)

Corwink said...

Welcome home. I can't wait to see all your skully goodness.

Arthemise said...

I love Disney World! I can't wait til Logan is old enough to go. I had a cousin who hated Disney World when we took her. I think she was about 11. All she wanted to do was swim in the hotel pool. Mad kids.

Michelle said...

What an adventure! Can't wait to hear more about it.

WandaWoman said...

Girl, Little Rage is a hoot. That is a great story and I can't wait to hear more. That just cracks me up!