Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back to the Barnyard

It's the monthly update on the Barn Raising Quilts. I got through 10 squares this month.

I finished my experiment on exactly how many squares you can get out of one skein of lightweight Socks That Rock. The answer is almost six--as in I was one row and the bind off away from six. If you were really frugal with your ends, you could probably get six. I needed to know this because I have to make a bunch of squares to exchange with members of the knitting crew. I decided to use STR in the Rook-y colorway and of course I could not leave it at that. I added beads to mine in the shape of, you guessed it, a skull. So June will be the Skully square month as I have to have at least nine of them done by the end of the month.

Current Square Tally--
STR quilt square stats(10/42):
Algae(traded 1 Lucy for it)--1
Lucy(lightweight)--5
Tres Campy(Hello Yarn)--1
Fire on the Mountain(lightweight)--1
Nodding Violet(mediumweight)--1
Lapis(lightweight)--1


STR skully squares(2/9):
Rook-y(lightweight)--2

**let me just say that black is really, really hard to photograph**

Scrap quilt square stats(8/42):
1--trekking(remnants of the not pedestrian peds sock)
1--leftover yarn from Jaywalker 1
3--blues
1--leftover from sister socks
1--leftover from my first sock
1--leftover from Diva's stabbing sock

5 comments:

StarSpry said...

These are all great squares, but I especially LOVE the skully ones :D

Michelle said...

Looking great!

Stacey said...

WOWZA! I need to get cracking on my squares. I should have a square for Little Diva's afghan this weekend! :)

Corwink said...

I LOVE the skull squares!!! I need to light a fire under my butt and get to working on some squares.

WandaWoman said...

Great progress on your squares! I really do need to get started on those!