Tuesday, April 01, 2008

March Wrap Up and April Goals

March Wrap up:

Knitting:
**Clapotis--I did plug along on Clapotis; it was my Project Spectrum Fire piece last month
**I love Gansey socks--still languishing
**Top down raglan--still hiding in a Miller Bag in my room.

Stitching--actually there was a lot of stitching mojo for me last month:
**Provence Sampler--I think we all remember the off center fiasco from earlier in the month. After much thought I DO intend to finish the piece and let the framers work some magic on it.

**Swimming with Dolphins(my only "non red" item this month)--Worked on it during SAL Challenge Weekend

**a possible new start which I have not narrowed down yet--I did not have a new start BUT I did bring out I Love Thee and I am STILL working on it. It even counts in the Project Spectrum Fire theme.


--------------------------------------------------
April Goals
I won't be participating in Project Spectrum for the "Earth" segment. Green, Brown, and metallics aren't really my bag, baby.

Knitting:
**rainbow socks for Diva--it's my Stashalong April KAL within a KAL project
**finish Clapotis--seriously, this is starting to fall into the "I hate scarves" genre for me. Love the yarn, love the pattern, get bored with the pattern, keep checking the length, etc.
**make headway on at least one other WIP

Stitching:
**QS Swimming with Dolphins--SAL Challenge Weekend(11-14)
**Provence Sampler--HAEDless Sampler SAL(18-21)
**I Love Thee and my unfinished biscournu in the interim

I am also borrowing something from Nicki. I watched her motor along with this last year and she has started again. It's a 10, 25, or 50 project challenge. No new stash until you reach your goal. I'm hoping this will spur me along and help me make a dent in the mountain of cross stitch patterns that I'll need to live forever to finish.

Rules taken from the Wagon:

Purpose of the challenge: to reduce the amount of patterns you have not stitched.

The Rules:
1. Have fun reducing your stash.
2. There is no time limit- people have different size projects they would like to work on.
3. Thou shall not purchase any new patterns until 10, 25, or 50 projects have been stitched. Pattern size does not matter. WIPs and UFOs finishes count.
4. This challenge can also apply to knitting, beading, sewing and crocheting patterns.
5. You can make some exemptions - I am not placing limitations on this due to commitments that people might already have. Remember, though, the goal of this challenge is to reduce stash so too many exemptions will sabotage these efforts. I have declared three exemptions.
6. Gifts, gift cards, trades, RAKs and patterns bought with gift money are not a violation of this challenge. Patterns bought to make gifts for someone else are also exempt.
7. Freebies count as part of your total and you can acquire them at any point.
8. You do not have to declare the projects you intend to work on. (If listing would make you feel better please do so)

Exemptions:
**any HAED chart or Ink Circles chart that is being discontinued that I must have**

---For the purposes of the challenge I am counting each page of a HAED chart a finished object(especially since HAED pages have more stitches than other cross stitch projects---

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

3 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Good luck with the challenge Kim. I love Thee is looking great, and the tiny socks are so cute.

Rima said...

Best of luck!

WandaWoman said...

I like the cross stitch challenge. Keep plugging away on the Clapotis and you'll be done before you know it. That and get that Top-down raglan done.