Monday, April 21, 2008

Bella's Fingerless Gloves

Stitch-n-Snitch designed some fingerless gloves inspired by the Twilight Series of books. I've been wanting to make some since I saw the pattern and this weekend I took the plunge and managed to finish one while watching a movie Saturday night.

The yarn is Knit Picks Swish which I happened to get a couple of skeins of in this Merlot Heather colorway. First, the yarn is SOOOOOOO soft. I just kept petting it as I was knitting with it. Second, the colorway reminded me of the werewolf contingent in the books. The warm brown with just a hint of red--definitely more wolf-ish than vampire-ish. Plus, I'm pulling for Jacob in the whole love triangle thing--not that there isn't a lot to love about Edward.

Now, my model for the picture was little Diva. Stacey, you will appreciate that after she tried this on she said, "Mom, I REALLY want a pair of these--in pink." I'm thinking that maybe I should quit showing her what I'm working on.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Ha! Way to go little Diva!! I think that they would simply marvelous in pink!! That sounds like a great plan...you've got to keep your Mommy busy knitting for ya!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Yay--someone else has made a pair!! They look great (even if they are werewolfy). :)

StarSpry said...

That looks so cool! Little Dive is pretty funny :D

Mary-Kay said...

Diva cracks me up. She wants EVERYTHING you do. Mommy, you're so cool!

WandaWoman said...

Too cute! I love that Little Diva needs a pair in pink!

Laura said...

Of course she wants some of her own! :-) The yarn looks soft from here.