Tuesday, March 18, 2008

There Something in the Air

Yet another new start.

Completely spur of the moment without my usual "justify what you are starting" conversation with myself. First I saw this pattern, then I got my hands on some Dream in Color Smooshy in the Deep Seaflower colorway(which is REALLY difficult to photograph), and before I knew it I found myself here:


A few things about this "new-start-itis" thing concern me.
1. What's with all the out of character impulse starting? I honestly believe there is something in the air.
2. What's with the crazy desire I have right now to cast on about 5 more pairs of socks? I was burnt out on socks for a while but apparently I have gotten past it.
3. Will I be able to rein these new impulses in and actually finish some stuff?

The new-start-itis bug has not been limited to my knitting either. I am fighting major impulses to start more than one cross stitch piece AND for the first time since college I am reading more than one book at a time(I usually like to savor one book before I start another).

Like I said, there is something in the air.

7 comments:

StarSpry said...

Wow! Look at you go :) The sock is looking great!

Mary-Kay said...

I LOVE those. Very pretty. You are so dang fast too!

Stacey said...

Seriously. There IS something in the air. I started three projects in one night last week?! What's up with that? Now, I know that it isn't that unusual for me to start new stuff, but all in one night? Weird.

Corwink said...

The startitis bug is making the rounds. I also started a new book and a new diet. I thought about cleaning the house but said ok I have to draw the line somewhere and decided cleaning the house was just out of the question! LOL! The color of that sock is to die for. I can't wait to see it.

Knit Eat Sleep said...

Love your socks! Aren't they so fun to knit? I am loving them :)

WandaWoman said...

Whoa, that sock looks great. You are on a roll. I've been a little trollop with the casting on too. And I am usually able to resist a bit more. Hmm!

Rima said...

I love the color!

Dont get me started about impulsiveness and crafting. Dont.