Friday, March 07, 2008

The Road to Hell is paved with--

--new starts.

Now don't get me wrong. I love a new start as much as the next person. Whether it be cross stitch or knitting, there is something about the blank canvas. Casting on, starting to stitch. . .there is always a thrill there. It's a siren song that few, if any, of us are immune to.

This month I wanted to work "red" and make a dent in my already overflowing WIP pile(knitting and stitching). But the other night, before I even knew what was going on, I had cast on the Bird in Hand mittens. Here's the progress so far:

I'm going to do the other one in the opposite colors--just to spice things up a bit. Not that stranded knitting of any type needs a lot of spicing up.

This weekend will be a stitching weekend--after knitting tonight, of course. Then I will make every effort to get back to my red stitching, maybe--once I do a few more rows on that mitten ;)

5 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Well, the mittens are blue and pink. Pink is one of the PS colors, right? See, you're right on schedule!

Sam said...

oooh I'm looking forward to seeing the bird in hand done in these colours.

Corwink said...

Looking good my friend! I love that you are going to reverse the colors for the other mitten. I can't wait to see them done.

StarSpry said...

It's going to look really cool with the colors reversed on 1 mitten!

TheBlackSheep said...

I like the mittens! Nice!