Thursday, March 06, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

I have taken a very extended hiatus from Booking Through Thursday but this week's question was too good to pass up.

**Who is your favorite Male lead character? And why?**

This is easy and there are two of them. They are both from one of my guilty pleasure authors--one was the lead character in a book and the other is the lead character in the series. Both are from the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Zarek was the main character in Dance with the Devil. He is one of my favorites because he was completely insane and unpredictable. He was a bada$$ and every book needs a main character like that. It always disappoints me that these books are romances because he ends up changing in the end--he had a lot of potential in the tall,dark, insane character arena.

Acheron is, not so much a lead character but, a recurring character in the series. He is all knowing--I think it helps when your mother is a goddess and you yourself are a god--and he can alter the course of your life just by voicing a thought. He is the reluctant leader of the Dark Hunters, he's got a demon who lives on his body in the form of a tattoo, and he has the reputation of being a bada$$ so much so that hardly anyone has ever tested him on it. He is finally getting his own book this summer.

I suppose I should really wrack my brain for a character from a "real" book--I'll get back to you on that.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I haven't answered one of those for ages either, but seeing as I'm reading Devil May Cry right now (a birthday pressie), I'd have to agree with you. Though maybe Valerius over Zarek? Tough choice... And they are 'real' books! Though I'd go for Mr Darcy if you wanted something more intellectual :)

Kerry said...

For the Dark-Hunter series, I'm going to have to back Nicki and go with Valerius. Zarek was find, but it was Valerius who rocked my boat. Looking forward to Ash's story too.

CynCyn said...

What about Richard? I thought you loved him?!?!?!?