Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bird in Hand


Lest you think there has been no knitting getting done, I present my minimal progress on my Bird in Hand mittens.

I have been pulling it out while I watch TV. I have also been playing around with the colors. I have been switching which yarn I have been carrying in my dominent hand. It is interesting to see the differences. You actually can't tell too much from this picture but if you look at the other side of the mitten you can definitely tell. It should be interesting to see how it all smoothes out in the blocking.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You should still be able to tell when you had each color as the dominant color, though it'll be subtle. Beth Brown-Reinsel had some examples when I took her class and it was so surprising to me that it even mattered at all.

Knit Eat Sleep said...

They look great! :)

Sam said...

It's looking really nice. I'll be interested to se how it makes a difference... I'd read it before, but never seen an example.