Thursday, February 21, 2008

Souvenir Highlights

When DH won the trip I was thrilled with that, I mean who can argue with airfare and hotel? I certainly didn't expect anything else, but after we checked into the hotel he had to go check in with the coordinators and he came back with not one but two bags full of ProBowl swag. I didn't care too much about the footballs, baseball hats, and souvenir programs BUT I saw the bags and told him without hesitation--"Those are mine." Diva and Rage claimed the beach towels and neck pillows but those two giant tote bags were perfect for knitting or a weekend bag or whatever. They look like those LLBean or Lands End canvas totes they even have zippers if you want to close them up--I mean, what more can a crafter ask for and they are HUGE! The pillow pictured below is inside that bag with ample room to spare(and the pillow is 16x16 inches or 40x40cm). :)


Almost 10 years ago DH and I were married in Hawaii and I really wanted to commemorate that anniversary with a Hawaiian quilt, but the cost of a real, queen-sized Hawaiian quilt is a little out of my range right now so I settled for a pillow which uses our wedding colors(our bridesmaids wore navy dresses). I love this one! When I lived over there, I looked into Hawaiian quilting classes but honestly I don't think I have the patience required for it; that being said, I really appreciate the work and talent that goes into them(well any quilt for that matter but especially Hawaiian ones). Do you see the dolphins?


I'm hoping that for 15 years my queen sized Hawaiian quilt will be covering my bed :)

I also got a couple of t-shirts. One from Crazy Shirts which is dyed with Hibiscus and one from KMart of all places that says "Skully Stout" on the back and you know it's got the coolest skull on the front and back ;).

**Just an aside, if you ever find yourself in Hawaii and want a t-shirt or if you just want a cool, durable tee then you need to get a Crazy Shirts shirt because you can't wear them out and I love their dyed shirts. The chocolate and coffee dyed shirts actually smell like chocolate and coffee for quite a while--it's great when you pull them out of the dryer. Diva got a chocolate dyed shirt, DH got a Ti Leaf dyed shirt, and Rage got one with a Tiger shark on it(because he didn't like the dyed ones).

5 comments:

michaele said...

It sounds like you all had a fabulous trip - swag and all! I can't wait to see the booty!

WandaWoman said...

I love the bag too. I can see why you wanted to keep it. The hawaiian quilt pillow looks great.

Congrats on finishing the Jaywalker socks. They look beautiful!

CynCyn said...

Those bags look very durable! The pillow is gorgeous... Crazy Shirts!! I haven't been to one of those in forever. Funnily enough, my first was in Colorado (Aspen, I think).

Mary-Kay said...

Hey now, I want one of those Chocolate Dyed shirts. Hmmmmmm, maybe I can make Chocolate, and coffee dyed yarn.


YUMMMM!

Andrea said...

Ooh, I love the pillow! And someone with the patience to do the cross-stitch patterns you do surely has the stamina for quilting! ;)