Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's been a great month :)

I'm hoping that all the good things that have happened this month are harbingers of even more good things to come. It was great to start the month in Hawaii and it is equally great to end the month with my birthday.

I never really expect a lot on my birthday--most of the time I don't want to be reminded of how old I'm getting--and I'm always pleasantly surprised when I do end up getting gifts. This year was no exception.

My husband, Diva, and Rage got me a new digital camera(which I still have to play around with before it becomes my primary camera).



My parents sent me money which is always a great present in my book. I used it to get this:



And the knitting crew(and blogless Genia) gave me a bounty of knitting goodness. Thank you, thank you--your friendships are what really mean the world to me, but the gifties are pretty cool too ;)



Wanda picked out an awesome bag(it's actually home to my Trekking is for Necking scarf right now).



And I broke with the tradition of not cooking on my birthday so that I could make myself a mini Hawaiian feast which included Kalua pig, Lomi Lomi salmon, rice, and Haupia--mmmmmmmmmm, it was YUMMY!

All in all it has been a great month :) Here's to hoping that March follows suit!

**And completely off topic, did anyone watch the Oscars? Tilda Swinton--good grief--what was up with her whole look? She looked like she was a part of some creepy cult or a man, I'm not sure which. It is still creeping me out. A little make up and a different dress and she could have been stunning.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay Kim!

Andrea said...

I have a theory. Tilda Swinton = Eric Stolz. I mean, have you ever seen them together? I rest my case.

Happy birthday!

Chris said...

Belated happy birthday! Sounds like it was a good one. New cameras and new knitting goodies - what could be better?!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Looks like you got some great swag! I *LOVE* the skull bag! :)

michaele said...

Yum - your feast sound delicious!
She has often played androgynous characters - her look didn't surprise me at all. Plus, whether I would wear what she is wearing or not, it's refreshing to see a woman breaking the rules of what you are "supposed" to wear and bare for the Oscars.

StarSpry said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a yummy feast :D

WandaWoman said...

I'm glad your dinner turned out fabulous. It sure sounded good when I saw you on Saturday. Happy Belated Birthday. Even when you don't want to celebrate it, it still turned well.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday! You got lots of good stuff there!