Friday, February 01, 2008

I'm Flattered :)

I am always surprised when I get comments(or that anyone besides a few people actually read what I put out here) and today I was even more surprised, and extremely flattered, that two people(Michelle and Laura) said my blog is one of the one's that "makes their day". Thanks ladies--that really made my day :)

The Rules:
Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times.

So in that spirit here are my 10:



1. Michelle: I am so inspired by her stitching ability and speed. Her work is made even more impressive by the fact that she gets so much done with a new baby in the house! When I had my kids I didn't stitch at all until Rage was 3!)

2. Nicki: Nicki is another stitcher who inspires me every time she posts. Her WIPs are always stunning and she is fantastic at finishing. I am envious of how much she gets accomplished. Plus I've added quite a bit to my stash by seeing some of the lovely things she does :)

3. Mel: Yet another stitcher who helps keep me motivated with my stitching. I always look forward to seeing her HAED progress pics and reading about her family's adventures. I love the look of her blog too!

4. Laura: she knits, she stitches--what's not to love? Plus she's just gotten into designing. It's always an adventure when I read her posts :)

5. Michelle: Another Michelle :) I am always impressed by the WIPs and the speed with which she gets them done. Also, I've been tempted into quite a few WIPs by looking at hers--I only wish I could knit as fast ;) I'm lucky enough to get to knit with her "in real life".

6. Stitch-n-Snitch: She knits, she designs. . .and she does it all with a family. I can't tell you how many times I've been reading her blog and have said to myself--"Yes, exactly what I was thinking". We have an eerie amount in common(books, music, a healthy Harry Potter obsession); it's always a joy to see what she's up to.

7. Marina: Seriously, just go over there and bask in the glory of all her colorwork talent. Wow! I just say that over and over and over when I read her blog. I'll say it again--Wow!

8. Margene: Margene's blog was one of the first I found and started reading regularly. I was so inspired by her blog that I started my own. I love her thoughtful posts and her pictures--plus she seems to get so much done. Her posts about Utah make me remember what I liked about it.

9. Lolly: How can you read her blog and not be inspired? Her passion for knitting and life are contageous.

10. Chris: If I want to know what is going on around knitting blogland, this is the blog I head to. She seems to know what is going on everywhere. Plus who can resist hearing about Chaos and Mayhem?

**Let me just say that my bloglines in somewhere in the ballpark of 150 blogs so narrowing down to 10 was extremely difficult. Know that even if you aren't mentioned above, I do enjoy sitting down in the mornings and reading through my bloglines with a nice grande something from Starbucks or a Diet Pepsi Max(after I drop off Diva for school and Rage is firmly absorbed in Spongebob). You all inspire me.

7 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm very flattered! Thank you Kim :)

Mel in Dubai said...

Wow, Kim, thank you! I'm also very flattered :)

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

(insert Elvis voice here) Well, thank you. Thank you very much.

Seriously, though. You've made my day!!

Margene said...

Thank you, Thank you! I agree with Teri...you made me day, too!!

Michelle said...

Thanks! :D

Chris said...

Aw, thank you!!! :)

Victoria Bennett said...

Thanks for your comments on the stash blog. I'm really enjoying keeping up with everyone's posts there. Love your blog!

Victoria