Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mountains Out of Molehills

I'm teaching my neighbor(who's 10) how to knit and we decided to start with a dishcloth/washcloth. I gave her her first knitting bag, notions, yarn, and needles. And she picked this pattern. I don't think it's a beginner pattern at all--I mean, who would want to start knitting with a TON of seed stitch?--BUT it's what she wanted to do. She's still plugging away on the first 10 rows, but I finished my example for her.

Little Diva has claimed this as her own(and it is a very Diva colorway).

5 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Ooo pretty! What yarn is that. Can you come on Friday night?

Stacey said...

Oooohhh, I like it too! That Little Diva has stunning taste in yarn! :)

Laura said...

She's adventurous, that's for sure! I hope she makes it through all that seed stitch. That's a lot for a brand new knitter. I hope she makes it. That'd be totally cool.

WandaWoman said...

That's a beautiful cloth. Seed stitch, ah to be young and adventurous and too naive a/b knitting to realize you may one day hate seed stitch! Hah, I don't hate it, but I definitely don't love it either.

TheBlackSheep said...

YAY for new craftiers! Let us know how hers goes. (it may be the last thing she ever does in seed stitch...)