Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Love MK/Gansey Socks





Stats:
Yarn: Red Rocks Fiber Works, Red Tulip(MK's name for this colorway)but in my mind it's more like Garnet/Dragon's Blood
Needles: size 2 dpns
Pattern: I love Gansey, Six Sox Knitalong

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wish that I could regale you with tales today about all the crafting I have accomplished since my last post, but I can't because we have been dealing with the viral plague caused by some bizzaro germ here at Casa KIP. Within about 48 hours Rage, Diva, and I all succumbed to the crazy cold on steroids. Luckily Rage and Diva only ran fevers but Mommy got that PLUS a raging cough and runny nose. It's good times, people. It really sucks for everyone when Mommy is sick, because all Mommy wants to do is go lay in bed and be left alone in her Nyquil induced stupor BUT the kiddos and the husband can't grasp that fact. Here's a little snippet of last weekend at our house.

(Imagine me in bed with tissues stuffed up my nose and trying not to breathe so I won't start coughing uncontrollably. ENTER Rage with his juice cup)

Rage(thumping me on the arm with the cup): "Mommy, juice cup?!!"

Me: "Ask your father to do it?"

Rage: "Daddy's on the computer." (He then puts a little more power behind the juice cup thump).

(I proceed downstairs and fill the cup; glaring at computer Dad on my way back upstairs. I get all settled back into bed. ENTER Diva.)

Diva: "Mom, I want raviolis."

Me: "Your father can do it."

Diva: "He's on the computer and keeps telling me to wait a minute and, Mom, I AM SO HUNGRY." (NOTE: she has a penchant for the dramatic so EVERYTHING turns into a life or death event in her little life.)

(I head down and make the microwave raviolis. Computer Dad looks up.)

Computer Dad: "I was going to do that."

Me: *glaring as I serve Diva before she keels over from starvation*

Computer Dad: "So what are we having for dinner?"

Me: (I'm thinking to myself, "You have got to be sh*tting me." But I say) "I have no idea what YOU are having for dinner. Diva is having these raviolis and Rage informed me earlier that he wanted a Popsicle**. I am going to bed. Later." (I then proceed to take a larger-ish dose of Nyquil and pass out until morning).

**Note: I know Rage should not have a Popsicle and only a Popsicle for dinner BUT I was sick, it was all he wanted and he had been sick too so we'll just let that slide, okay?

Also, in defense of Computer Dad he was doing actual work related stuff on the computer--not playing video games or anything like that(he's actually grounded from video games for 2 weeks BUT that is a whole other story). He loses track of time and "yes's" the kiddos while only half listening to them when he is work mode. "Go ask your mother" tends to pass his lips often in work mode; he apparently forgot I was on death's door this weekend and has since apologized--profusely :)

11 comments:

Laura said...

Love the socks. Had to go download the pattern. :-)

I hope you feel better soon, Kim. In spite of your family's best efforts. LOL Hugs.

Mary-Kay said...

WOW, that yarn is stunning! Hee. Seriously though, could that be a better pattern for that?

Thanks for braggin' on me!

Carrie K said...

Still. How long does it take to fill a juice cup and make raviolis? Granted, it's one thing after another but you're sick. You should be in bed being served tea and tiny savory things.

CynCyn said...

glad to hear that Mr. KIP apologized. Now, hopefully, next time you're sick he'll microwave the raviolis and fill the juice cup. The socks (and yarn) are gorgeous. Match made in heaven.

Michelle said...

Hope you are feeling better! And love the socks.

Nicole said...

Yuck! I hope you feel better soon!

I love the red socks. My favorite color!

Knit Eat Sleep said...

You crack me up! Love your answers for dinner plans! He he!! Thank goodness for Niquil, ha? Get better soon! Hope to see you soon! :)

TheBlackSheep said...

Reason #4657 why I am no longer married. Still, at least he did realize and apologize :)

Hope you feel better soon!

StarSpry said...

I love how your socks look!

Nathan & I have both been fighting colds. I'm glad Mr. KIP apologized :) I hope you're all feeling better very soon!!

Mel in Dubai said...

Poor you - get well soon! I came back from holidays with a rather irritating cough and general feeling of crappiness! Of course, because I am so rarely sick the family have barely noticed me going around coughing up a lung or two every so often (go figure!). They think I'm either (a) sneezing, so then proceed to "bless" me; or (b) choking on something!

:)

WandaWoman said...

Sorry you are sick, that's no fun at all. Love the start of your socks!