Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hold on to Your Hats ;)

I finally finished something and it's knitting--can you believe it?! I made this blanket for my cousin's baby boy who is now a month old. I love, love, love this pattern. It's the Corner to Corner Blanket from Knit Baby Blankets by Gwen Steege. I used the LB Pound of Love yarn because they can only have acrylic(lots of allergies). It's great yarn, really. It washes up nice and soft and I only had 2 ends to weave in--you can't beat that.


I don't know if I ever put the finished HP Pouch bag up, but here it is. Little Diva used it for Halloween and promptly lost interest so now it's mine(which I had sort of planned on all along--lol!)


So the good news, for me, is that my stitching obligations for the remainder of the year are done and I've gotten the baby blanket monkey off my back SO now I can work on finishing Miss Stacey's Jaywalkers(they have moved up to priority one), my Jaywalkers, and whatever else I can squeeze in between now and January 1.

4 comments:

Laura said...

There's nothing at all wrong with all acrylic blankets, especially for babies. So easy to toss in the washer and dryer, and they come out fresh and fluffy. :-)

WandaWoman said...

Yay, the blanket is finished! Very nice!

Stacey said...

Finally...I have become your number one priority! (just where I should be!) j/k...I can't wait to hang out this weekend!

Whitney said...

Kim, sorry I didn't have a better reaction to the socks for Amelia last night. I truly love them and WAY appreciate hand-knits! SO sweet!