Friday, December 28, 2007

Best of 2007

I lifted this fromKnitLit:

1. your best FO of the year:
I think that would be the Gryffindor Fair Isle Pouch Bag--I just love the way that turned out.

2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to:
I can't narrow this down to just ONE finished object, SOOOO, pretty much everything Marina finished this year.

3. best yarn you tried:
Well the only new yarn I tried was Red Rock Fiber Works Aspen Sock and I loved it!

4. best new book/mag/pattern of 2007:
Book: Charmed Knits--there were others too but this is the one I find myself looking at all the time.
Magazine: Craft--this isn't all knitting/sometimes none at all but it's cool
Pattern: MS3--although mine isn't finished yet--it was my favorite pattern of 2007

5. best new knitting technique or gadget you tried in 2007:
The knitted kitchener from Knitting Daily--loved it! It went beyond an "a-ha" moment for me--it was more like a "Holy Sh*t, this looks 1000 times better than any kitchener I've done" moment.

6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year?
**Knitty: I always look forward to seeing what they come up with each issue.
**Marina: She is my stranded knitting hero--awesome!
**Interweave: Just like Knitty, I look forward to each issue.
**My Knitting Crew: They inspire me and make me laugh--what more can you ask for?
**Harry Potter: Okay,if you're a fan, how could this NOT be an inspiration this year?


7. designer who most amazed & inspired you throughout the year:
Eunny Jang--her vision never ceases to amaze me.

8. knitting resolutions for 2008--what's next for you and your blog?
**log my stash onto Ravelry
**finish everything that's languishing on my needles
**enjoy every knitting project I take on

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love this list...and holy crap Kim you always make me laugh!

Laura said...

Ooh. I'd missed that Knitting Daily article. Definitely going to have to try that knitted grafting thing. Ooh.

WandaWoman said...

I'm going to check out this knitted kitchener, sounds pretty awesome.