Monday, October 29, 2007

Psuedo New Start

Remember when I started the Textured Blanket(ie. the Dexterity Blanket from Hell)? I wanted to make my cousin a blanket for her upcoming baby and I thought the Textured Blanket would be cool and it would be if it wasn't such a pain in the butt to knit. I'm thinking that when you are hating every single row you are knitting that is probably NOT the best gift to give a new baby since baby gifts should be given with love. SO I ripped it out and started anew with this:

The Corner to Corner blanket from Knit Baby Blankets by Gwen Steege. Things are going much better and I'm already passed the halfway mark. I can honestly say that THIS version is knit with a whole bunch of love.

5 comments:

StarSpry said...

It looks so pretty!

I'm glad you're liking this pattern better :)

WandaWoman said...

That's good that you found something you like better!! Where'd you get the pattern from? I need to make one for a friend's baby.

TheBlackSheep said...

Nice colour! It's great you've found something you like knitting, expecially for a new babe.

Not that there are old babes come to think of it, but you know what I mean :P

Michelle said...

Very nice. I have had to do that as well. I'd hate to give some new little baby something that I've done nothing but be angry at while I was knitting it.

Laura said...

So very, very glad that your started over with a new pattern, gf. The new blanket looks great!