Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stitching Weekly(hopefully)

I'm going to try and post weekly on my cross stitch pieces; showing my progress on which ever piece or pieces I've worked on that particular week. I'm hoping it will give me incentive to stitch more often(and hopefully my knitting won't suffer). If you want to see what the final product will look like, just click on the pictures or look in the sidebar :)

Here's my progress on Misty Weniera from the HAED Yearly SAL this past weekend:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here's my progress on Swimming with Dolphins from QS Wednesday:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It's no secret that I love Heaven and Earth Designs charts. These are the charts that brought me back to stitching after a 7-8 year break. I love the detail and the subject matter. I even enjoy browsing the site when I have free time--even if I'm not in the market for a chart. Michele and Bob(the owners) are fabulous to work with--they go above and beyond for their customers. I'm excited to see that they are starting to get some recognition in the stitching blogosphere. Unfortunately, 3 of the 4 pieces in the piece are not available as charts--I'm not sure what that was about? A small part of me is a little bummed that the secret is getting out there ;)

5 comments:

Laura said...

I haven't stitched all summer. It's horrible! Although my Iris QS is starting to rumble quite a bit. When I'm done with my shawl I may need to pick it up again. Yours are coming right along. Looking good!

Mel in Dubai said...

Nice progress on both projects! And I know exactly what you mean about being a little bummed about the HAED secret :) The recognition is great for them though.

TheBlackSheep said...

Oooooo! I really like the Misty Weneira piece! Very nice!

Michelle said...

They look great! I really need to set my stitching out somewhere so it's not such an ordeal to work on it for a little while. I just ordered a new chart too. Like I'll get to that anytime soon. Ha.

StarSpry said...

Great progress on both! I really like Misty Weniera :)