Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stitching Weekly

This past weekend was the HAED Background SAL, so I pulled out Storykeeper which is mostly background. I love the idea of a set background SAL; every piece has background and having a set SAL for working on it would be great. If the board doesn't do one, I think I may set aside the first weekend of every month for background.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn't participate in QS Wednesday this week for a couple of reasons:
1. I am only aiming for 3 Wednesdays a month and I've done my three for September.
2. I have a new start that has captured my attention.

I started I Love Thee on Monday night(24Sept07). Right now I'm in a heavily white on white section of the chart. There is no point in putting up a WIP picture until I get a little further into it. You don't want to see white and white--not to mention that you can't actually see it in a picture. Heck, I can barely see it when I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll have some exciting progress to show on this one next week.

**knitters--don't despair there is actually knitting content coming. I was hoping to have a really cool picture of a Jaywalker sock near completion done in some lovely Red Rocks Fiber Works yarn, BUT after trying to turn a heel in a dark car at 10pm last night, I ended up ripping out the whole thing. . .I'm too angry to go any further into it than that. Long story short--don't do any type of technical knitting in the dark.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you got some of the background done on Storykeeper. It's a wonderful piece.

Bummer about the socks!!!

TheBlackSheep said...

Unless you have those lighted knitting needles, that is.

I don't think I would personally attempt any knitting in the dark. That would not go well.

Where do you find the time to do all of this? I need some of that time too!

WandaWoman said...

Lesson learned: no knitting in th4e dark. Seeing the Jaywalker in person, it looks great!