Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Love the Stranded Knitting

I don't know what it is about stranded type knitting, but it always seems to go so fast. I just love watching the pattern develop and find myself unable to put a piece down, which is exactly what happened with Little Diva's bag. I worked on it at home, at my knitting group, and in the car waiting for Diva and/or Rage to get out of school. Here's the result:

Keep in mind that this isn't blocked yet and I still need to crochet the edging/strap and add a lining(which I'm excited about because I want to use paw prints, black paw prints, as an homage to Sirius). The crochet thing is freaking me out a bit, because I suck at crochet--really it's just sad. There is something about it that doesn't click with my brain? I'll have my copy of Happy Hooker in hand while I try to follow the crochet instructions--with me luck ;)

**I really want to make a Ravenclaw bag too--I'll have to get that on the list.

6 comments:

Laura said...

The bag is wonderful! I can see why it would be hard to put down. Hang in there with the crochet. I'd have you swing by some time, I'd love to show you how to do it, if you lived closer... LOL

Nicole said...

The bag looks wonderful! I'm the same way with stranded knitting: seeing the pattern develop is such motivation that I don't want to put it down. Good luck with the crochet!

I expect pictures of Little Diva's whole Hermione costume!

WandaWoman said...

That bag was pretty quick. You can always ask Michaele or Michelle. Is it something like single crochet? If so, that's pretty simple and I'm sure either one of them could help you.

TheBlackSheep said...

Impressive! Looks really good! I envy your liking of stranded. It's not something I'm particularly fond of.

omly said...

My advice with the handle is that you may want to add an extra row or more of single crochet to the strap. I think it is a little narrow as written.

StarSpry said...

The bag looks great! Good luck with the crochet part :)