Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Leaving the Nest

My littlest progeny, Rage, will be starting preschool tomorrow. Today he went in for his "open house" where he, his father, and I could get the lay of the land and make sure he was comfortable in his new surroundings.

We went into the room, signed in, and put on his name tag. We went around and did the scavenger hunt the teachers had set up, then we handed it in so he could get a sticker. We let Rage continue to look around--he walks over the the fish tank, staring at it blankly for a few seconds. His father and I stand a little behind him watching. He turns around, my littlest child, my baby, my sidekick for the last 4 years. He turns around and says:

"So when are you two leaving?" Then stomps across the room.

Nice, huh?

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy cow, can he really be that old? How time flies!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Be glad he'll not be one of the criers on the first day. Then you'd really be a mess. :)

CynCyn said...

he he. i guess he didn't get the memo he's supposed to have some separation anxiety, eh?

WandaWoman said...

Heh, what a kick in the pants! Little Rage is certainly funny. I guess he's ready for preschool then.

TheBlackSheep said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, but that was truly funny. But like they said, better that way than if he cried. That would have killed you.

Christine said...

At least he's comfortable there.

Stacey said...

That is just perfect! I can totally see the you and your husband watching, waiting to see how he likes school, wondering what his reaction will be. Ha! Too funny!

Michelle said...

Great reaction! I guess he was feeling ready to have those apron stings cut. At least yesterday he did. Hope his first day is great.

Deb said...

Too cute! I'd have left him there then....

Aussie Stitcher said...

LOL That is priceless.