Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Halloween--Little Diva style

Yes, the Little Diva "mommy sweatshop" is working in full force this fall. Besides her cross stitch piece I am knitting her two things for her Halloween costume.

You see, my darling daughter wants to be Hermione for Halloween(I couldn't be more thrilled and no I didn't encourage her too much towards this idea ;)). I've already gotten her a Gryffindor robe, a tie, and a uniform--she has an authentic Hermione wand that lights up. I could have knit the sweater, I suppose, but realistically I knew I wouldn't have it done so I bought a black cardigan(a la Order of the Phoenix) and I may duplicate stitch Gryffindor colors on it. I know I'm her mom and just a little biased but she looks TOO CUTE in that uniform--it makes me wish she went to a fancy private school. Since major Halloween knitting wasn't in the picture I figured I could whip up a Hermione hat(for trick or treating in the frozen/rainy/sleeting tundra that is Colorado at the end of October) and this bag:



Stats:
Pattern: HP House Fair Isle Pouch Bag**kudos to Ravelry without which I wouldn't have found the pattern to begin with
Needles: 4 and 5 16"
Yarn: Encore Worsted(colors 999 and 175)

Lest you think that I do nothing for Rage--as it probably seems due to his limited blog coverage--I tried very, very hard to get him to be Hedwig(I found an awesome costume)--he said NOOOOO. He wants to be Spongebob or Patrick--darn it--so the search continues for a Spongebob costume in his size. I'm also starting a sweater for him(which has nothing to do with Halloween but I didn't want you to think I do nothing for him) and a hat and mittens are in his future too.

Oh, and Little Diva's best friend(who is a boy) decided to be Harry--"so he can match Diva when they trick or treat". How cute!

4 comments:

CynCyn said...

will you put up pics of Little Diva and her best friend when they're all in costume? TOO CUTE!

StarSpry said...

Little Diva & her best friend will be so cute! Very cool pouch bag!

Rosemary said...

Awesomeness! :) I love when (some of the) kids go along with the HP mania :)

WandaWoman said...

That bag is cute and will go well with her costume. We definitely have to see pics from Halloween.