Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wanted: A "Productive" Hobby Rotation Schedule

I have tried this before and it's had limited success, but I'm trying to come up with a rotation that works for me. I can't stand just "flying by the seat of my pants" with my crafty stuff because every time I let myself do that I end up floundering around and getting nothing accomplished. This will be a work in progress until I get the mix that works for me.

I think I'm going to try and alternate knitting and stitching within the week(3 days knitting/3 days stitching/1 Free Day for either or a break). I want to be able to have more things going while still making progress. Here is what is in the loop right now:

**Storykeeper(Fenech)
**other stitching projects: Ink Circles/Lavender and Lace
**Eternal Promise(Stewart)
**open slot--no doubt to be filled with another HAED piece
**Knitting--I'm leaving this as a generic thing because I never know what I will feel like knitting when I sit down to do it.


Monthly/Weekly Obligations
**QS Swimming with Dolphins(Tate) QS Wednesdays every Wednesday--I haven't actually started this one yet; it's for little Diva(she picked the pattern herself)

**Misty Weniera(Butler) HAED 2007 Challenge SAL 2nd Weekend of each month

**Christmas Ornament SAL Last weekend of every month

I know this is a probably a pipe dream but I'm trying to get to where I have the following things going:

4 stitching projects
4 knitting projects

Right now I'm nowhere near that with either knitting or stitching, but that's my goal. I'm giving myself until the end of September with this schedule then I'll see if it needs to be tweaked, thrown out, or re-evaluated.

2 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Good luck with meeting your goals!I've really been feeling the urge to cast on for a few projects, but never seem to be able to cast on willy-nilly. When I do, I always regret it. I'm close to finishing a pair of socks and then I'll be on to something new, yay!

Laura said...

Coming up with a rotation that works can take time. If it doesn't work the way you planned, tweak it a bit until you get something that does. Good luck!