Monday, August 27, 2007

Swimming with Dolphins

Updated after QS Wednesday:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I participated in the New Start SAL this weekend. I have had this chart in my WIP pile all year and still hadn't started it, SO this weekend was the time. Little Diva picked it out back in January for her room, so I guess I should start putting some time in on it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stats:
Chart: QS Swimming with Dolphins(Tate)
Fabric: 28 count white even weave
Stitches: 2 over 1, tent(half cross for the uninitiated)

I totally changed my routine with this one. I started in the middle and I'm not gridding or parking--hopefully this "flying without a net" won't come back to haunt me later. I also understand now why some of these cartoony type QS's are appealing. They aren't that hard, there are huge blocks of one color throughout--definitely NOT the challenge of my other pieces, but it's a nice break.

I'm very excited about this one for many reasons but mostly because it's a Quick Stitch which means I can participate in QS Wednesdays again--I haven't been able to do that since Magic Witch last year :)

8 comments:

Danielle said...

This looks wonderful. I love Nadia's work. I look forward to seeing more. I just started a blog also about stitching and life. Take a look if you have a minute.

http://ihearttocrossstitch.blogspot.com

Lady Val said...

You're off to a great start!! I'm working on a Nadia Tate piece and I completely agree with you about how much easier they are since there are blocks of color instead of tons of confetti.

I love your Magic Witch, btw! I have that pattern stashed to stitch at a later date.

Aussie Stitcher said...

It is looking good, great start.

Joanne

Michelle said...

Pretty start! I really need to pick my HAED back up so that I can participate in Wed QS SALs again too!

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Very pretty - you are off to a great start!

Arthemise said...

What a cute piece!

WandaWoman said...

It looks very pretty! Hope you have a great weekend!

Andrea said...

Hi Kim!

I haven't read blogs for ages, nor have I blogged, but I decided to, well, not catch up, but jump back in today. So, of course I had to check in with you! Little Molly would love that too! I think I won't let her know about cross-stitching if I can help it. Don't want any requests for me to take up a new hobby. ;)