Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sherrilyn Kenyon

One of my favorite authors, Sherrilyn Kenyon(who also writes as Kinley MacGregor), was in Denver on Sunday for a book signing to go along with her new book, Devil May Cry which is one of the Dark Hunter books. I believe I've gushed before about how much I love her storylines(especially the one that is beneath the main romance one), but I'm loving her even more since I met her. She's very funny and very outgoing which is something I haven't really seen with authors I've met before. She did a brief question/answer session and then got to the business of signing. While everyone was waiting she had a friend raffling away promotional items for the book. I hung around for a while after my book was signed to see if my number was called. I was hoping to win a t-shirt or a lanyard but all I won was a promotional post card thing(shrugs).

Any book signings I go to I only have the author sign the current book(it helps me put a time frame on when I met them), but there were people there with entire bags of books. I cannot imagine signing buckets of books. I think the only author I would take a ton of books to signing for would be JKR. One great thing about any book signing is meeting a bunch of people who love the books as much as you do(or even more). I was amazed at how many people where there and how many of us had many more authors we had in common in addition to Sherrilyn.

There is nothing I love more than spending the day in a book store without the kiddos and with my knitting--ah, heaven :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

I know what you mean - I can't imagine bringing stacks of old books for an author to sign...

Michaele said...

Sounds like a fun time. I've never had a book signed. I guess it's partly cause a lot of the authors I like are long gone! ;)

WandaWoman said...

It's funny, b/c I was looking through my book case yesterday (adding books to Shelfari) and I found a bunch of books by an author that I was so excited to meet at a mystery book convention, that I brought in tons of books to have them signed. Now, not so much would I do that, but I was so excited then that I did that and now I have a bunch of paperbacks that I'm thinking how many of these did I really need to have signed? ::sigh:: the things you learn.

I'm glad you had a great experience meeting an author you love to read. It's great when they are gregarious and outgoing. It makes me less shy about speaking to them.