Saturday, June 02, 2007

Anticipation Builds



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As if I needed anything to build my excitement about the Harry Potter madness that will ensue in July. I bought this book last week:

I read it and loved it. I was hooked by this part of a paragraph from the foreword:

People will be picking up Harry Potter books for generations to come, but we are the lucky few who can say, "We were there." We will remember the crazy, late-night madness of book releases and the teeming crowds of fans all over the world gathering in honor of Harry Potter. We will remember watching a book about a boy wizard seduce millions of kids away from their TV sets.--Emerson Spartz, p. 10

I recommend this book for anyone who wants to be able to share a piece of the Harry Potter madness with people in the future. After Deathly Hallows is released, I'm sure we will have most of the answers--won't it be something to have a book like this to look back and see what all the theories were. It's very well written, meticulously researched, and gives the reader a lot of food for thought.

I've started rereading the books and I'm so looking forward to spending the next month curled up with my old friends from the wizarding world; I can't think of a better way to spend the summer(unless, of course, it was reading these books on a tropical beach in a hammock strung between two coconut trees with the scent of the ocean and tropical flowers wafting with the breeze).

3 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

I've read a couple of those kind of books in the past, but now I think I want to be surprised. I can't wait for the release party, though!!! :)

Laura said...

I'm *so* looking forward to our read along! Chomping at the bit to get started... :-)

Michelle said...

I've been really enjoying re-reading the books. I am currently reading #5, and loving every sentence of it!