Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hufflepuff

The Hufflepuff squares are finished.

I have not decided on a final layout for the whole afghan but here are some arrangements for your viewing pleasure :)

All Sevens

Zig Zag

Fields and Furrows

You can get about 7 squares out of one ball of each color(at least with the Encore I'm using); although the dark color runs out faster, I think I tapped into my second ball at the end of the 7th block. There is enough leftover for the border and a little something else :) I just LOVE the log cabin block--there are SO many possiblilies depending on how big you want your afghan to be. I'll show you more as I get more squares done.

On to Slytherin!

10 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Oh, the pattern looks lovely. Almost makes me want to make one not in HP House colors, but colors of my own choosing. Very nice.

Chris said...

Those are really cool!!

Stephanie said...

I like the zig zag.

Cole said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the blocks. They looks so good. I may have to make one myself out of my stash not HP colors of course (I'm trying to destash)! Its definitely an inspiration.

Stacey said...

I love it! I think that I'm leaning towards the zig-zag as my favorite though. Go Kim!

Laura said...

Love your squares! It is fun all the layout possibilities there are. :-)

Christine said...

I really love the zig-zags, they remind me of Harry's scar.

Kerry said...

I vote for the zigzag too!

Micky said...

Very cool idea. I bet it's gonna look awesome!
Now I see more ways you can use the log cabin blocks.
Thanks.
:)

JOT said...

I love the idea of the log cabin blanket! I don't knit but this has made me want to start. Can you give me the pattern or tell me where to get it from? My email is joanne@jthanson.co.uk

Thanks.