Friday, May 11, 2007

8 Things

I was tagged by Laura for this so here goes.

The rules:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Eight things about me:

1. I don't like to mix my food. For example I need to eat all my meat, then my veggies, then carbs. I can't take little bits from each.

2. When I have PMS I can't stand to listen to people chew or breathe or anything. It REALLY irritates me.

3. I don't have any patience for adults who act like children. Children(and by children I mean anyone grade 12 or younger) are allowed to act irrational and immature; adults are not. (I learned this when I used to work in a department store where you run into adults acting like children on a far too frequent basis.)

4. I've written fanfic pieces. Purely for my own amusement and no one will ever see them.

5. I really dislike being a housewife. For me it's a thankless, boring job--I do not now nor will I ever get a rush from cleaning or cooking anything; it's all stuff I HAVE to do not at all anything I WANT to do. More power to you if you love it. I think some people are cut out for it; I know(after 7 years of it)that I'm not. The only plus to it in my mind is that I think my children have benefited from me being home this long and now I think they'll benefit from a mother with a paying job(which I will hopefully have in the fall).

6. I've hiked Diamond Head. There are a lot of steps there, but it's so worth it when you see the view from the top.

7. I love my SUV. It's got over 100,000 miles on it. It's a gas pig. BUT it actually moves when you floor it(unlike the Saturn we used to have) and there is space--lots and lots of it. I also talk to "him". I always tell him he's doing a good job :) With that many miles I need to pump up it's ego to keep it moving ;)

8. And I think I've talked about this before but I want a greyhound. Once I get the above mentioned job and we buy a bigger house, there will be a dog. Even though DH and I are not in 100% agreement on this fact.

I'm not tagging anyone but anyone who wants to do it is more than welcome. Leave me a comment if you do and let me know when you've posted it. I'd love to read tidbits about all of you :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are a bit cranky today, aren't you sweetie? Hugs. Thanks for playing, though! I love that you've done other writing than the NaNoWriMo. :-)

Chris said...

Adults who act like children drive me batty, too!!