Friday, April 13, 2007

Stuff and Nonsense

First, on Cara's post. Karen summed up my feelings about negative comments in her post.

Since I fly under the high profile blogger radar, I think I've been spared nasty comments. I knit(and blog about knitting) to relax; I don't want it to be a negative experience and I certainly wouldn't intentionally try to make someone else's experience negative. I lurk a lot on other blogs and I usually don't post comments unless I feel I have something of value to say. If I don't like a post or something someone says, I just move on. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'm entitled to not read it if I'm so inclined. I had enough of pettiness and hatefulness in high school and I don't intend to revisit that 20+ years after the fact.

I can't believe that someone would make assumptions about someone's life based just on their blog?! That baffles my mind. I think you could figure out a little about me through my blog, but probably not too much about my life away from the computer. I've been very careful to leave Diva, Rage, and DH out of pictures posted here(for the most part), because, quite frankly, there are perverts out there just waiting to exploit pictures of kids (and adults for that matter). I was just reading a blog the other day where someone lifted a picture from her blog of her daughter-in-law who was preggers and put it on a p*rn site of other pregnant woman(and the pic was in no way questionable)--what the hell?!?! It's a sad state of affairs; it makes me angry and sad at the same time.

*******************

On to happier stuff.

The unicorn--still getting seamed up. The body and two legs are done. The other two legs and the horn will get done today. Diva is pretty insistent that I keep the eyes "the way they are in the book". I like the Knitted Babes and the Dream Toys projects, but the eyes are just a little bit too creepy for my tastes. I was trying to get her to go for buttons or something--no dice; so creepy felt eyes it is.

Bayerische--I've finished the cuff of one sock and finished the increase row(96 stitches on the needles now, I believe). I'm loving how intricate this sock is--it will be a challenge that's for sure.

Hogarts House Afghan--this will be full steam ahead next week as the unicorn will be done. If I get burnt out on stitching this weekend then a square or two might get done. I'm resisting the urge to change the project to mitered squares a la Cara and my knitting crew. Log cabin, log cabin, log cabin--I just need to keep repeating that to myself; I know I'll be happy with the end result. Plus I could always make a mitered one later, right?

This weekend will be all about stitching for me as it's SAL time on the HAED boards. Misty Weniera will be in the Q-snaps this afternoon and I'll be working on that until Monday(along with the aforementioned unicorn, as Diva is a bit of task master about this--the kid needs to learn how to knit if she's so deadline oriented, that's all I'm sayin').

6 comments:

Chris said...

Play nice and respect others doesn't SEEM as if it should be hard, does it?

Oh, looking forward to seeing Bayerische!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Ditto. I've had people in real life tell me that I'm putting my whole life out on my blog, and it makes me laugh. There's maybe 2% of my life on my blog; the rest is MINE, and I'll share it if I want to. Play nice is right! ;)

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by Kim and for the nice comment. :-)

Looking forward to seeing the soon to be fo's. I've got a blanket in the works and I'm thinking log cabin, but the miters call.

Laura said...

I actually had someone call me fascist because I wanted her to change the ring code back to what it's supposed to be, so it matches everyone else's. She'd changed which links were available. I couldn't believe it. I deleted the note, deleted her blog from the ring, and made it so that if she does write to me again I won't see the note, it'll go straight to trash. Just not worth the aggravation.

Other than that, I've been spared the rude comments. Luckily.

I just don't get people.

Love your stitching and knitting plans. I think your blanket will be wonderful as either a log cabin or a miter. ;-)

Stephanie said...

I hope I am flying under the radar too... I have no desire to revisit high school either!

I want to see that unicorn and that afghan. Pictures, pictures! (Says the very lazy about picture taking blogger.)

Love the avatar btw. :)

Michelle said...

It'll be great as a log cabin. If I hadn't already made a couple (with a couple more planned) I probably would have followed suit. I had great fun planning out something unique for it. Very liberating. :D