Friday, March 30, 2007

On the Road and Back. . .

I'm back! I packed up DH, Diva, and Rage in the mini SUV and headed out on the highway to go visit my sister, her husband, Tank, and Banana in Texas. My other sister was there too with one of her brood, Tiny E.

As with all family trips it was an adventure. We took two days to drive down--we usually fly and weren't sure what we were in for. We spent the night in "a town that will not be named"--no offense to anyone that lives there, likes it there, has family there, or whatever, but that town has a unique aroma(which smells suspiciously like cow poop). Lots of body function jokes occurred on our stay.

We made it to our destination in the Metroplex on day two. Watching the antics of 5 children(ages 7, 4, 4, 3, 1) was time consuming but fun. I had big knitting plans but none really came to fruition--my sisters don't knit and the kiddo craziness wouldn't allow it. We had some good food(including Rainforest Cafe and Uncle Julio's--pictured below, from our seat on the patio)and spent quite a bit of time basking in the heat.



The trip back started with rain and ended with snow--we also decided to take the whole drive in one day 14+ hours of "family time" in the car. I had a great time but today I'm really brain fried--my eyes are tired, my head is tired, and my body is tired. I think I need to catch up on my DVR viewing and go to sleep :)

5 comments:

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Glad you made it back safely (and with your sanity)! ;)

Chris said...

Whew - 14+ hour drives always leave me feeling wrung out, too. Welcome back!

CynCyn said...

14+ hrs, w/2 kids? I'm officially diagnosing you as crazy. Welcome home.

Marina said...

Very brave!

Happy (belated) Blogversary, Kim. I just discovered your blog was one of those my Bloglines deleted!

Wanda said...

Glad you made it back with no problem. Sounds like a good trip!