Monday, February 05, 2007

Stalled Peds

I started these "back in the day"--which was a Wednesday(at least according to Dane Cook). And I finished the first sock really fast; then I put them away. Fast forward to months later and I've finished sock #2. These are great little socks; even if they did take me forever to finish.

I've been knitting socks pretty much since I started knitting and I don't know why it is but the foot of the sock always seems to take FOREVER. I was just whining about this very thing Friday to Wanda. I think there are certain parts of knitted garments where you enter "no man's land" and no matter how long you knit, you never seem to make any progress. That always happens to me on sleeves, the feet of socks, and scarves.

Anyhoo, here they are in their finished glory:



Pattern: "Not Pedestrian" Peds, Stitch-n-Snitch

Yarn: Reclaimed Socks that Rock in Farmhouse

Needles: size 2 dpns

7 comments:

Marly said...

Those look like fun.

Marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

CynCyn said...

well... the toe up kind of takes care of that... seriously! but the socks look great. i bet it feels nice to have them finished.

Laura said...

I'm glad you persevered.

I was complaining about that knitting-no-measurable-progess thing to DH recently. He thought I was nuts. Obviously, being a non-knitter, he wouldn't understand. I do!

Glad you made it through the duldrums.

Joanne said...

Great looking socks. I'm looking forward to your Starmore (TM!) postings!

Wanda said...

I'm glad you finished them! Yay!

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

I get the "stuck on the foot" feelings, too. I have pretty big feet (US8.5), so I guess that's easy. :) They look great!

Stephanie said...

Oh - those are so cute!