Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Nothing New to Report

Sorry, I've been MIA. It's been quite the hectic week in the Knitter in Progress household. And the next week and a half isn't shaping up any better.

Little Diva's birthday is coming up and she wants a party. SO we have reserved a place for a pool party, sent out the invitations, gotten all the paraphernalia for the gift bags, picked out a cake, and now we just need to wait for the RSVPs. This whole party thing has been really stressful. First getting out the invitations has been a nightmare. She's only allowed to have 15 people at the pool(herself included) so that eliminates a good portion of her class. I've tracked down as many Moms as I could, mailed some others, but I still have one kiddo to track down(you see you cannot and should not pass out invitations at school unless everyone can come--it's only fair--and, of course, everyone's addresses aren't listed in the student directory so that makes tracking down kids/parents I've never met a challenge). Then there is the cost of the whole thing--holy smokes, who knew? And she's only turning 7; I can't wait to see the expense the teen years bring. Oh, and did I mention there is another birthday party in her class the day before her party?

My birthday is the week before hers. Luckily mine isn't so time consuming. The only thing I want from DH and the kiddos is to not have to cook dinner :) I already got my present(which I picked out) and I would like to forget I'm having a birthday at all, truth be known.

I'll miss knitting with my grrls for the next 2 Fridays and I'm hoping we can get together for knitting and dinner after the madness passes :)

All this Little Diva party prep has cut into my knitting, stitching, and workout time. This all leads to a stressed out and cranky mommy. So bear with me until a normal schedule resumes(which is looking like the week of March 5 at this point).

8 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, I can't even imagine such a production for a seven-year old - it DOES boggle the mind for later.

Happy early birthday to both of you!

Michelle said...

Hang in there! Birthday wishes to both of you!

Stacey said...

You'll make it...and remember, soon you can be knitting away on your Harry Potter house afghan!! Yay! Happy early Birthday to both of you.

Stacey said...

So...I don't know if I can wait until the week of March 5th to give you your birthday present. We may need to sneak in a lunch sometime soon...seriously...this gift is just too perfect for you!:) I can't wait to give it to you!!!

CynCyn said...

Happy birthday to you and Little Diva! Whatever happened to the MacDonald's b-day parties? so simple.

Wanda said...

Wow, a pool party already. Little Miss Diva is doing it up party-style. I like her attitude(maybe to your dismay!). Hope that things calm down so you can get back to some stitching, knitting and working out. Happy Early Birthday to you if I don't see you soon.

Terri Lynn said...

Wow, I just happened on your site while admiring your Jaywalkers and trying to find out if anyone had put thiem on a size 2 DPNs! To my surprize, I realized, I have knitted with this person! You're the only one found, after painstakingly looking through a lot of Grumpina'z gallery you have graciously solved my dilemma. I have been working on them all day. After getting half of the leg done, I tried to try them on and there was no way they were going to fit! I had used the smaller size and size 1 DPNs, and now switching to size 2 DPNs, I was still wondering if I should do it in the first or second size. Thenks, you have convinced me to do it in the second sise. By the way, I think yours are by far are my favs of the bunch! Nice work.

Terri Lynn said...

I forgot the mention, Happy Birthday to you and dd!