Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Check One Off the List

I don't expect anyone to have noticed this, but I've put a list up of books I want to get through this year. It's an ambitious list to say the least and is doesn't even include the rereading of the six Harry Potter books in June/July(Book 7 is there though).

I've finished one of the books. As you'll notice one of the items on the list is "any new release by Sherrilyn Kenyon". I preordered The Dream Hunter and just received it yesterday afternoon(which has been agony, by the way, as it was released last Tuesday). And long story short, I read it last night. I stayed up really late to get through it. As usual with her books I couldn't put it down.

If you haven't read any of the Dark Hunter books before, they are romance books first but they also contain an underlying story line of the Dark Hunters, the Greek gods, and the Atlantean gods. Well, ever since I started reading this series and exploring her website, I've wanted to know more about the Dream Hunters. The books drop hints here and there, but you got a little more information about them in this book.

I loved the book--no surprise there. I thought it was interesting that it was set in the past. If I'm not mistaken, most of the books in the series have been steps forward in time. This one is a big step back, before Zarek's story was told(which was my favorite; I just love Zarek). Of course this is all building the background for Acheron's story. And for anyone else that reads her stuff, is it just me or could Katra be Ash/Artemis' daughter? I'm not sure. Kenyon seems to be leading you to believe that there is a different relationship there but after this book I'm not sure. Lots of ideas swirling in my head to justify the daughter theory.

So one book down and it's back to the list!

Happy reading :)

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Off to the library website to see if they have it! I forgot all about it - thanks for the reminder :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good one! I'll have to check it out. Your HAED is looking fantastic!