Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mommy's Got a Brand New Bag(s)

A bit of Lexie Barnes Mania is sweeping my knitting circle(I think that's everyone?). And I was not immune to the pull of these funky bags. I didn't succumb right away(it took about 12 hours before I knew I had to have it for sure).

So as an early birthday present(courtesy of cash from the parents--my usual birthday gift), I treated myself to a Lady B in Baja. Black, white, and pink floral--not usually my thing(at least the pink part).



But look closer:



Skulls--in all their stealth skully glory. The closet goth in me could not let this bag pass me by. And, of course, I can't put my Vera Bradley accessory bags in a skull bag?! SO. . . .I got some accessory bags(4 total) from the Lexie B sale bin(blatant in your face skulls--aka. the Hermosa pattern)



Many thanks to Colorful Yarns for stocking Lexie Barnes goodies. It was money well spent and the most I've ever spent on a bag, but it was oh so worth it :)

9 comments:

CynCyn said...

when I unpacked it, I def. thought of you. Looks all nice and sweet... wicked sense of humor when you get closer.

Laura said...

LOL That skull fabric is so you, Kim. LOL

stitchnsnitch said...

That bag is so fab. I'm not a pink-er, either, but lately I have found myself pulled to edgy designs with pink accents. Closet Goths rock! ;)

Wanda said...

I love those stealth skulls! I'm glad you got the bag. Very nice.

Joanne said...

Thanks for posting about the bags. I think they're great.

Have you heard of this upcoming book?
http://www.amazon.com/Charmed-Knits-Projects-Harry-Potter/dp/0470067314/sr=1-30/qid=1169276517/ref=sr_1_30/105-0932717-5386832?ie=UTF8&s=books

I thought of you when I saw the listing.

Cindy said...

Fabulous bags! I haven't seen these before...very cool!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

How cute, can I say that about skulls. The hidden quality makes it even better. You waited 12 hours? Very impressive.

Jeni said...

I am glad you got the bag, when I saw it I thought of you, it is so YOU!!

Michelle said...

Totally thought of you when we were looking at these. I love how subtle the skulls are. Sneaky.