Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm Out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I did pretty well with the whole "Kick the Can" thing. I think it is a great idea. The only month I totally bailed on it was November, because I needed soda to stay awake while doing my Nanowrimo writing.

Here's the thing. I NEED caffeine. Addicted? Yep, I sure am. I found myself substituting Starbucks for my soda. Not only is this expensive but it's also counterproductive when you are trying to lose weight. 340 calories for a Grande No Whip Cinnamon Dolce Latte OR 0 calories for a diet Pepsi--the math don't lie, people. I do like the Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce latte which is only one hundred something calories per drink, BUT it's still more calories than 0.

So I feel bad about it, but not too bad.

I'm off to get a diet Pepsi. . .

3 comments:

CynCyn said...

When I tried quitting soda (mt dew) i lost weight, only b/c I drank SO much Dew that it equaled about 35 lbs/year of calories. Disgusting, no?
I love caffeine and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Arthemise said...

I stopped drinking my one or two Diet Cokes and didn't really miss it, surprisingly. Not even any headaches. I have a friend who has about 3 2-liters a day. Yes, that's right. He tried giving up cold turkey, and that didn't work at all. Duh.

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

I have just replaced most of my caffiene drinks with water but I still need one coffee in the morning a coke most afternoons. It's a hard addiction to break sounds like you made a good try.