Wednesday, December 27, 2006

WTF?!?!?

PMS induced RANT ahead--proceed at your own risk.

Okay, I've tried VERY hard to restrain myself from venting about the--excuse my language--piss poor snow plowing job here. If you recall, last week we were "blessed" with 33 inches of snow. They didn't plow our street until mid Friday and then they only plowed a one lane path(leaving a good car length between the end of driveways and the actual plowed path)and don't get me started on the joy of having to back up if another car was coming because if you tried to move to the side you got stuck. I didn't complain--we dug out to the path and dealt with the challenges it brought.

Today--when I'm not sure--they plowed "lane two" leaving the lovely 2.5 foot pile of snow down the middle of the road(preventing anyone from turning into their driveways without--you guessed it--getting stuck in the f-ing snow bank).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This pic was from my cell phone; hence the poor quality. I was afraid I'd throw my camera at the snow bank or the UPS man--who FINALLY showed up today.

And the BEST part of all this is that they are predicting another foot of snow tomorrow into Friday.

Let me say yet again--I HATE snow.

3 comments:

stitchnsnitch said...

Grrr. I hate snow, too.

Michelle said...

Hope you guys stay warm and cozy. I can totally relate. They didn't get around to plowing our neighborhood for the first time until yesterday and I still almost got stuck getting out of the neighborhood this morning for work. I figure I've got till noon and I'm headed back home. I'm sure as hell not getting stuck at the office for the next few days.

Arthemise said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow! I love snow, but then we never get any. When I did live with snow, I didn't have to drive in it (took the bus in Milwaukee).