Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Red Sweater KAL update.

My red sweater. I want to get it done and I HAD made great strides in that direction until. . .I bound off the bottom of the sweater and tried it on. It's shorter than I wanted it and I didn't like my bind off, SO I ripped back and I'm adding more length.




I love the yarn(Cascade Quattro) and I love the pattern (Knitting Pure and Simple Men's pullover--I want it big).

********
I want to get back to stitching and I've had many things tempting me in that direction as well. Hopefully I'll have something to report next week--after the HAED General SAL.

Did you ever notice what enablers we crafters are? I have purchased no less than 4 patterns this month because of some beautiful charts I saw on the HAED BB. And knitting. . .well it goes without saying that my stash wouldn't be nearly as large if it weren't for the pretty stuff I see with my knitting grrls(online and IRL). Even though it cuts into my budget(the kids don't NEED to eat, right?), I'm thankful for every single one of my knitting and stitching enablers :)

********
Finally, today is Rage's birthday. He's 4. It's hard to believe that he's growing up so fast. It's amazing what a difference a year makes. He looks so grown up and he's becoming more assertive(he IS Little Rage after all--he's just more verbal with his rage's now). But there are still a few infant/toddler comforts he's clinging onto. He loves his blankie(which is more like a rag now), we're trying to phase out the bink, and he likes to cuddle with his mommy when he goes to sleep.

He fell asleep on me the other night and as I was carrying him upstairs I teared up remembering how many times I've done the same thing before. I used to be able to carry him up in one arm, now he fills up two. I used to be able to walk up the stairs facing forward, now I have to put him at an angle. My little baby Rage; is growing up and I can't wait to see what changes the next year brings.

8 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh, I thought you were done with that red sweater. I've got to go get my red Quattro too b/c of you! Enabler you!! :-) We are a bad group of enablers, that's for sure. Very hard. Happy Birthday to Little Rage! How awesome.

Marina said...

Happy Birthday to the little, big guy!

Since I left StashAlong, (not counting the Shetland since I've been using it as quickly as possible), I've "fallen" a few times ;-)

CynCyn said...

maybe the trick is not to have anyone in your crafting group WORK at a shop.
Happy 4th to Little Rage!! I'm sure he'll get rid of the bink and the blankie (um, we're supposed to get rid of our blankies?) when he's ready... but the snuggling... I bet we're not in any rush to wean him off of that, right?

Cathi said...

I feel like we talked about this last year, but it's my littlest ones b-day today too- she is only three, though. Hope you had a great one!

Fríða said...

congratulations on your little boy´s birthday! and yes, they do grow up fast. I have 2 girls and 3 boys, my boys are now 12/22/25 and I can tell you that boys don´t wean off mommy cuddling, although it changes form over the years. I can also tell you that your daughter probably will get to be much more independent of you than your boy ever will, however old he gets.
my best from Iceland
Frida

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see your sweater...I'm sure it's beautiful! And we sure are a bunch of enablers, aren't we?! I am trying to resist the HAED charts I want right now, since I have yet to start my first HAED...as soon as I get through the holidays, I should free up some time!

Arthemise said...

The board can be enabling, but it's also great encouragement! I don't think I'd stitch as much without the support of the board-goers.

Besides...enable others as they enable you!

Christine said...

What patterns did you get? I hope Rage's b-day was wonderful.