Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

During the holiday season, I find myself thinking of holidays past. This ornament reminds me of my Grandmother. She loves cardinals--loves them. They always remind me of her and I find myself buying cardinal things because of her. She always fed them her in backyard. She had three pairs that came by on a regular basis. Their color always captivated me; they are such beautiful birds. I'll never forget when one of her cats brought her a present--a beautiful, red, dead cardinal--seriously, it's the first time I saw that she was capable of murder--that cat almost lost all of it's nine lives. Needless to say he didn't go after a cardinal again ;)

She has to spend this Christmas in a rehab center because she broke her arm and needs physical therapy. I always think of her over the holidays. Her cooking(the delicious smells, the "Granny slices" which were usually a quarter of the cake or pie) , the way she decorated, all the effort she put in to making every holiday just right. I'm sure you all can relate--I hope that each and every one of you has a person who lit up the holidays for you.

If I can deliver even one quarter of the holiday memories to my kiddos that she did with me, I'll be happy. She gave all of us a lot to live up to during her holiday hosting heyday.

Enjoy your holiday weekend; I hope your holidays are blessed!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Merry Christmas

Wanda said...

Merry Christmas to your family Kim!