Friday, December 01, 2006

Memes

Lifted from Kimberly(great name, by the way):

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I'm going with Hot Chocolate; although if I'm in the right mood I can put away a lot of eggnog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa always wraps the presents(at least until Diva and Rage get bigger).

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
WHITE--I had more than enough of colored ones in my youth.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
The day after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I don't think I have a favorite holiday 'dish'. I like cookies and all the yummy finger foods around the holidays.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
My favorite memories always revolved around the anticipation of the night before Christmas. I'd spend all night listening for Santa and it was even more magical if we woke up to fresh snow.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember, but I think it was later than most. That's one piece of magic that was hard to let go.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, as a kid we did though.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?
First, I'll tell you what isn't on my tree--bulbs--not a one. My tree is decorated with Hallmark ornaments(which I've been collecting for about 11 years), a few miscellaneous other ornaments, and a couple of Little Diva created ones.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread?
I like snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day; otherwise I hate it(I know hate is strong word, but believe me that's how I feel about snow).

12. Can you ice skate?
I used to ice skate all the time when I was little, but I haven't since about 12th grade. I still inline skate though.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
As an adult, my favorite gifts would have to be Little Rage and Little Diva(OR my iPOD--LOL!) As a kid, my favorite gifts were my Breyer horses. I used to get one almost every year.

14. WhatÂ’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Family and Traditions.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Easy, sugar cookie cutouts. I don't like making the cookies(but I do), BUT I love decorating and eating them.

16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Decorating the tree, watching the Christmas shows, and making Christmas cookies.

17. What tops your tree?
A red and green plaid bow.

18. What is your favourite holiday book?
The Night Before Christmas, The Bible, and the Polar Express.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Carol of the Bells.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?
Yummy

SBQ--

Do you stitch Christmas ornaments? If so, how many do you stitch each year and for whom? If not, why not?

I have not, but not for lack of materials I have most if not all of the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issues. I think I may start; since I'm getting into having more hand made stuff around. I haven't in the past because I am REALLY bad at deadline stitching(or knitting) and I wasn't sure if I wanted that stuff on my tree. As for gifts; I'd have to really, really, really like you to give you something I stitched--I'm very choosy about who I stitch for.

How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically, do you or have you ever used a waste knot?

If I'm stitching with an even number of threads then I use the loop method to start and I run it under finished threads to finish blending it in as best as possible. If I'm stitching with an odd number of threads then I try and catch the end under the first few stitches of that color and I finish the same as with an even thread count.

I'm anti-knot. Knots are a KNO, KNO in my book.


COMING SOON: Knitting and stitching content--what a concept!!

No comments: