Friday, October 06, 2006

Something's Gotta Give

There are only so many hours in the day and although I pride myself on being able to get a lot done in a short amount of time, sometimes something has to give. This month it's been reading. I just haven't had time to read; I'll get through my second Poe and maybe Magician's Gambit and I'll have to be happy with that for the month. See, Cynthia, I can't do it all--even if I really, really want to ;P




Here are my five choices for this latest challenge:
(1) Magician's Gambit(Eddings)
(2) Castle of Wizardry(Eddings)
(3) Enchanter's Game(Eddings)
(4) The Premature Burial(Poe)
(5) The Pit and the Pendulum(Poe)--DONE--I've actually read this before(always read it in October when I was teaching school. Poe is perfect for Halloween short stories.

Booking Through Thursday



  1. Tell us about a book that you had to read, but didn't want to, but that you ended up liking. Something for school, perhaps? A book from your Mom for Christmas that she insisted on you reading? Something from a bookclub? But ultimately, a book that--against all expectation--you ended up liking, respecting, loving....

  2. And, of course, why? What made this book resonate with you?



I don't think there has ever been a book I didn't want to read that I ended up reading and loving(loving is a strong word). Most books I didn't want to read are in genres I can't stand, so I just tough it out and get through them. Now if the question was what is a book you had to read but didn't want to and hated. . .well, that's a different story ;)

Booking Through Thursday



  1. Do you own any bookends? If so, how many sets? If not, do you need or want any? I don't own any bookends--how sad is that. I have lots of book shelves which are crammed full but no bookends. I would love a really eclectic pair of bookends though.

  2. Which are your favorites? How long have you had them? I like weird things--so any unusual bookends would be great for me. Something dark and disturbing always scores points with me or maybe sheep(how's that for opposite ends of the spectrum)

2 comments:

Carrie K said...

Aren't sheep naturally dark and mysterious?

Uh, no, I guess not. lol.

I'm completely with you on books I didn't want to read and hated but couldn't think of one that I actually liked. Oh, maybe Kite Runner, or Life of Pi, but it wasn't so much not wanting to read them as not really having them on my radar at the time. Book Clubs. Gotta love 'em. Sometimes.

CynCyn said...

aaah.... i feel vindicated now. I have long held a theory that women who give birth are given more hours in the day. Nice to know that you all are human too. I loved Pit and the Pendulum. Prolly my favorite Poe.