Sunday, October 01, 2006

Socktoberfest '06




This will be my second year participating in Socktoberfest and I've set myself up with quite an ambitious sock schedule. There are three projects on deck so far:

1) The Not Pedestrian Ped pattern from Teri. I'm using some reclaimed Socks that Rock in the Farmhouse colorway for these. I actually got a headstart on them last night; it's the first time in a long time that I've spent the evening knitting instead of stitching and IT FELT GREAT!!

2) Arrgyle from Moth Heaven. I'm using some Knit Picks essential sock yarn in gray, burgundy, and black, as well as some of the bare superwash sock yarn. It will be my first time with intarsia, so that will be a challenge in and of itself.

3) Bayerishe from Eunny. I'm planning on using Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock in the turquoise color. I had to order the yarn and I'm just waiting for it to come in so I can start.

And if you're looking for inspiration or a tutorial, hop over here for a gansey sock pattern and sock workshop which starts today!

**Non sock knitting aside--yesterday I was winding the yarn for Little Diva's hat(it's Lorna's Laces Shepherd sport in the Springer colorway) and for some reason unknown to me I decided to cut the ball ball band on the first skein. BIG MISTAKE. I cut through the yarn so instead of one ball of yarn I have one big ball and two little ones---the expletives were flying let me tell you.**

5 comments:

CynCyn said...

oh man Kim. I woulda been so pissed! SO PISSED. I'm assuming the coast was clear from the wee ones as the expeletives flew. Love the new look on the avatar. It's so you.

Laura said...

Those are some great socks, Kim.

I still haven't figured out what to knit for my Socktoberfest project, since I don't have the right yarn for Eunny's Bayerische socks, or for just plain argyles, for that matter. Bah.

I'm not as brave as you, and will be limiting myself to only one pair of socks! LOL

stitchnsnitch said...

Enjoy your Peds! :)

Lolly said...

Great plans for the month! Ambitious indeed ;)

Michelle said...

Wow. Good thing you like socks so much. :D I think I'll stick to finishing the pair I have on the needles but I was actually thinking of casting on for the Snake Skin socks (from 6 sox knitalong) once I finish the pair I've been working on. Do you know how to do two socks at once with the magic loop? I think I have it all figured out except the cast on.