Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Socktober Tuesday(on Wednesday)

Here's my progress on my not pedestrian peds(these socks are in some reclaimed STR in Farmhouse):

Socktober Socks

I also bought some yarn(for my Stashalong free day in October)--all Lorna's Laces(3 skeins old Rose and 2 skeins of flames). The Old Rose is for Bayerishe(unless the yarn I ordered from another LYS comes in soon) and pink is not normally one of my colors but I need a light colored solid for the socks and October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so this yarn fits the bill for both! I have been coveting the Flames colorway forever--that and Black Purl are my Lorna's Laces favorites--now I finally have enough for some socks, I just need to find the perfect pattern.

I ordered it from Yarn 4 Socks. They are giving a discount to all the Socktoberfest participants(see Lolly's blog for the code) and I have to raise my needles to them. They had great prices on Lorna's and they are super fast with shipping. So run, don't walk over there and order some Socktober yarn!


Pretty much all of the sock yarn stash.

Lolly's questions for this week:
Do you have certain patterns planned for some of the yarns? Do you buy yarn and then choose a pattern?

Aside from the Old Rose Lorna's mentioned above, I usually don't have a certain pattern planned for my sock yarns. I usually buy and hoard the yarn for a while then pick from it when I have the urge to get my sock on ;)

Does a certain sock yarn you have in your stash take you back to a certain event? (where you were when you bought/received it? what was going on in your life at the time!)
Since I buy sock yarn when I'm on vacation I do have skeins that remind me of certain places. Some remind me of Vegas, some of Utah, some of New York.

1 comment:

stitchnsnitch said...

Your Peds look FABULOUS! I'm going to have to get some of that Farmhouse STR!!! :)