Friday, October 27, 2006

Booking Through Thursday--Catching Up. . .

Booking Through Thursday

Christine wants to know...


  1. Do you make notes in books as you read them? In college I did in everything I read. When I teach I make notes in the teacher's edition. In my personal reading, I rarely make notes in my books.

  2. Why or why not? In college it was a way of isolating important information. In teaching it's a way of emphasizing something I want to teach or knowing when to insert an activity.

  3. If you do, do you make notes only in certain kinds of books or all of them? In college and teaching, I made notes in both fiction and nonfiction. Now if I make notes in something it's usually nonfiction--like a knitting pattern book.



Booking Through Thursday



  1. Do you read in bed? For how long? Do you fall asleep reading? Will a good book keep you up all night? Yes, I try to read every night for at least an hour. I have stayed up all night for a good book many times.

  2. Where do you keep your nighttime reading? Do you have a special table next to the bed? Are there many books there? Do you keep books there that you aren't reading (finished or unread)? I have a table next to the bed with my current reads and behind that is a book shelf with the "to be read" list sitting on it.



Booking Through Thursday



  1. Do you read short stories? Yes

  2. Why or why not? Sometimes I like reading something shorter.

  3. What do you like and dislike about short stories? I like the short story genre in general. I think it's a perfect way to introduce story elements and introduce fiction writing. In short stories I have read for pleasure(not work), I sometimes get disappointed as I want to know more about the characters or the situation introduced in the story.

No comments: