Tuesday, September 26, 2006

SBQ and Storykeeper

I decided to particpate in the HAED UFO SAL this weekend so that I could work on something besides Magic Witch(not that I don't like working on her, but I needed a little break). It was a great break--I LOVED it. I just love the blues in this piece and it goes sooooo fast after stitching Magic Witch which is loaded with confetti stitches(not that there is anything wrong with that).

So here is what I ended up with:

Storykeeper(3.6% OR 4800 stitches)

Now it's back to Magic Witch until she is done :)


Today's SBQ was suggested by Elisabeth
(http://sew-in-love.blogspot.com/) and is:

How many pieces have you stitched?

I've been stitching off and on since I was 12, but I don't have that many finishes. I've done 5 Precious Moments, 2 Garfield, 12 Cherished Teddies(months of the year for a baby quilt), 1 Lavender and Lace, 3 random--craft store kits, and 1 Shepherd's Bush needleroll. I also have a bunch of WIP/UFOs.

Out of these, how many have been
for you?

1--one of the Precious Moments ones I did in high school. That's just sad that I give most of them away, BUT that will change with my HAED designs--no one is getting their hands on those.

How many have had specialty stitches or other techniques
besides cross stitch?
2--the L&L had beading and the SB had specialty stitches

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ooooh. Storykeeper is coming along nicely, gf. :-D

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kim, Storykeeper is looking fabulous! I love the blues too - great stitching. I'm off to add another one to the "must start soon" list - lol! I keep forgetting I have this chart.

Deborah said...

I get my first lesson next week! Sooo excited.

Thanks for your comments about my green boucle project. I'm finishing up the sleeves now, I've had to fit it in with all of swaps (why do we do those??). I think we do them because other fiber fanatics are the only people who truly appreciate the art involved!!

omly said...

I am just going to be starting my first HAED piece in the near future. (I am a little hesitant to do so during Socktoberfest though.) Yours looks great!