Sunday, September 10, 2006

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday



  1. We asked last week about what draws you to your favorite kind/genre of book. This week, we want to know--how often do you depart from that comfort zone? If you love mysteries, do you ever read fantasy? If you primarily read cookbooks, do you ever read a good romance? This is such a great question. When I was teaching, I always told my students that you need to be open minded to all types of literature. I used to insist that they give a book at least a chapter before they decided they didn't like it. That being said I am one of the worst offenders in pigeon holing myself into a very limited genre.

  2. How MUCH variety is there in your reading? Do you mostly stick to one type, with just the occasional toe-dip into a different style? Or do you generally read a variety of things, just, maybe more of your favorite style than anything else? As far as fiction goes, I read predominantly fantasy(narrowing it even further to things with werewolves, vampires, fey, dragons, etc.) I do read other things as the mood strikes me. I'd say the only genre I really can't stand is historical fiction--blah! I read a fair amount of nonfiction too. Anything I have an interest in, I tend to read all I can on the subject. I love to research.

1 comment:

Guernseygal said...

Oooh My favourites Fantasy, Romance, Mysteries and preferably a bit of all three mixed up in the same book :-)