Thursday, August 10, 2006

Summer Reading Update/Booking Through Thursday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lord of the Rings
The Belgariad
The Black Jewels Trilogy
Eldest
Sword of Darkness(thanks to a recommendation from Guernseygal)
Knit the Classics(1 summer book)
rereading HP4-6
rereading Dark Hunter series: finished
Dark Side of the Moon: finished
Danse Macabre: finished

I didn't get through a lot on my vacation but I am still plugging diligently along with the Belgariad; although I may take a brief break to read Sword of Darkness.

Booking Through Thursday



  1. Do you plan ahead for your reading? Work off of a to-be-read pile? A reading list? Or do you wing it, choose whatever you're in the mood for? I have a "to be read" pile which I stick to most of the time.

  2. If you do plan ahead, how far ahead? Do you have two or three books waiting in queue? Or are you backed up by dozens of volumes waiting their turn? Right now it's the list above, but that doesn't count new series books to be released or rereads.


  3. If you do not plan ahead . . . well, never? What about if you're reading a series? Or someone gives you a book for a present?



Booking Through Thursday

  1. What is most battered book in your collection? The one with loose pages, tattered corners, and page edges so soft that there's not even a risk of paper cuts anymore? I have a nursery rhyme book from when I was little and it's really beat up--it's been ripped, colored on/in, the binding is broken, etc. I still can't get rid of it though because my favorite story from it--The House that Jack Built--is still intact.

  2. Why is this book so tattered? Is it that you love it so much that you've read it a zillion times? Is it a reference book you've used every day for the last seven years? Something your new puppy teethed on when you weren't looking? It was a book from when I was little and I saved it--even in it's tattered state for my kiddos to see--really it's pretty weak compared to today's options for picture books but I still love it.




Booking Through Thursday




  1. Have you read Lord of the Rings? (hangs head in shame) No, I haven't read it yet, but not for lack of trying. It's on the immediate future reading list though.


  2. If so, how many times have you read it? Just once? Or so many you can't count?


  3. If not, why not? Not your cup of tea? I really want to be able to concentrate on the story and I think I've put it on a pedestal as a must read. That kind of reverence demands a reading time where I can really focus on it.


  4. And, while we're on the subject, did you see the Oscar-winning movie(s)? What did you think? Oh yeah, I have the regular and extended versions on DVD. I love the storyline, the setting, and the costumes. It's one of my all time favorite sets of movies.




Booking Through Thursday



  1. Do your reading habits change for the summer months? Yes

  2. If so, how? I usually don't have as much time to read but I always drag a book around with me just in case.

1 comment:

Guernseygal said...

Thanks for the link :-)
Hope you enjoy the book.
I'm like you I keep my favourites and read them probably about once a year.