Thursday, August 17, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge/Booking Through Thursday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lord of the Rings
The Belgariad
The Black Jewels Trilogy
Eldest
Knit the Classics(1 summer book)
rereading HP4-6
rereading Dark Hunter series: finished
Dark Side of the Moon: finished
Danse Macabre: finished
Sword of Darkness: finished

Sword of Darkness by Kinley Macgregor

Guernseygal thanks for the recommendation. I finished the book on Saturday.

This was a really quick read and if you like the format of the Dark Hunter series, then you'll probably like this series too(as Kinley Macgregor and Sherrilyn Kenyon are the same person). This was the first book in the Lords of Avalon series and I loved Kerrigan(I'm a sucker for dark and disturbed). I'm really looking forward to what the next book brings. I think the only thing about the book that bothered me was the time travel--I don't think it was necessary in the story at all.

Booking Through Thursday

This week's questions were inspired by Caroline. She can't read The Joy Luck Club without thinking of potstickers and wontons... And no, we're not talking about cookbooks here. Please leave those out of this discussion. ;-)


  1. Do you enjoy books that have cooking or eating scenes in them? I can't remember I book I've read with a stand out cooking/eating scene?

  2. Have you made or eaten anything that was inspired by a recipe or scene in a non-cooking book? Since a lot of my favorite books are about vampires, werewolves, and the like, I can safely say that I am uninspired to eat ANYTHING that they consume(blood, people, and each other aren't particularly appetizing).

No comments: